Saturday, January 22, 2011

Partager Le Village

Delicious at Le Village

Fridays are my days to explore ...

Last Friday I decided to wander over to the latest BoBo district, (easier than saying bourgeois  bohemian each time), the 10e at the historical doors of Paris, from Faubourg Saint Denis to the rue Paradis, a small little village that has become the latest hot spot for fashion,  hip restaurants and bars, quaint street markets, and exotic grocery stores.  I went to visit my friend, J, who has started working at one of the hip little epiceries called Le Village.  As I walked thru the door,  the bright colors and delicious smells welcomed me, while the New York cheesecake made me think I was in NYC, and the pastas of Jamie Oliver reminded me I could be in London; while all the rest confirmed that I was in France.  The shelves elegantly displayed many types of olive oils, vinegars, sauces, coarse salts, wines, jams, english cakes, teas, coffees from around the world .. while the glass display counters were tempting me with their pastries, chocolate bars, soups, cookies ...
did I mention they also have a plat du jour?

Tell Joanna I sent you and she will make sure you find what you want, and enjoy a nice cup of tea!

PPxx
Le Village
25, rue Bouchardon
75010 Paris
01 42 02 10 50

No comments:

Post a Comment