Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Partager Fete Des Vendanges de Montmartre

My first time ...and a great one! Why did I wait so long to partager in this wonderful event? The event that I am still so excited about "La Fete des Vendanges de Montmartre." What a celebration! It is a GRAND parade, défilé, in honor of Bacchus ( one of my favorite gods!) and the Harvest Queen. I went with our photoclub, Paris PhotoMeetup, (check it out for some great shots of this event) to spend the day and most of the night celebrating the grapes of Montmartre. It began at the Marie du 18th arrondisement, and ended at Sacré Coeur, where the "Pyramide des Castellers", were building a human pyramid, consisting of men, women and children. I started to participate, but I am afraid of heights! The grand finale of the this special fete was celebrated with fireworks in front of Sacré Coeur. Along the way we enjoyed some of the fetes' products, produits du terroir, but more important, the Vigne du Clos Montmartre, the wine!

I will make it a point, to partager, this fete again next year. The vendange is celebrated every year...the first weekend of October. How about you? Get ready to climb the hill of Sacré Coeur and join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was looking for information on La Fete des Vendanges de Montmartre and came across your blog. I would like to plan my trip to Paris in October when this festival is taking place. The festival's website doesn't have any information about 2010 yet. Do you know if it is usually the second weekend of the month? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete