Sunday, August 14, 2011

Partager August in Paris



I love Paris in August.  It is calm, it is mostly quiet, and there are many parking spaces.
There are a few drawbacks to this simplicity of life, though ... which are  baguettes are a bit harder to find, many of my favorite restaurants are closed, along with those specialty shops I love to doddle in, and the lines at the Louvre may be long ... ... 
But, the good news is that the fresh markets are always there, as scheduled....
some are open every single day.
A real something to celebrate.
Thanks Rue Cler and all the other markets in Paris (thanks Bonjour Paris) for making our lives so much better and our summer picnics delicious!

PPxx

  

5 comments:

  1. Salut Partager! Fun to discover your Parisien blog which is new to the CDP community - welcome! Enjoy the DAILY photo ride and the fun bloggers in our network!
    Bonjour d'EAGAN daily photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will remember this if I am ever so luck to visit your beautiful city. Welcome to the Daily Photo family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do we, loving Paris at any time, but specially in August. Welcome the CDP family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to the CDP family, and hope you have the opportunity to visit this trés belle ville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome from down here in Australia, too. Just yesterday evening I booked an apartment for my next visit to Paris during May 2012. I hope to visit your blog regularly. Welcome ...

    ReplyDelete