Friday, March 4, 2011

Partager the Best Chinese Restaurant in Paris!

Au Pays du Sourire Restaurant 5e Paris
On every corner is a Chinese Restaurant in Paris ... but this one is special.  This one is one of the last of the original Peking restaurants left in Paris.  We had been planning for several weeks to visit this restaurant.  I had passed it a few times, trying to look in the windows, as I was on my way to French class.  I was always a bit too early to see what kind of crowd it drew.  The date was set and sadly, at the last minute, Mr. T had to cancel, but I went ahead and met my dates there.  I arrived before the rest, but decided to go on in and get the feel of the place.  I was met with a large sourire, as promised by its name.  "Avez vous un reservation?"  Its always a good way to start a relationship with a restaurant in Paris that you might want to revisit ... IOWs Make a reservation if possible.  I replied "oui"  and I was seated in a very good spot.  The menu was extensive, so I was well entertained while I waited for my friends to join me.  They were also warmly greeted by the owner,  with much talk about this and that while menus were placed in everyone's hands, and apero orders were taken.  Apparently, Sunday and Thursday nights are the nights to visit as the chef, Mme Qi, makes a speciality Pékinoises ravioles, special dumplings  stuffed with meat and vegetables that are loved by all in the neighborhood.  I would suggest you get there early and be sure to make a reservation!
Pays du Sourire Restaurant 
32, rue de Bièvre
75005 Paris
01 43 26 15 69 
Metro Maubert Mutualité
PPxx
Miam ....



  

No comments:

Post a Comment