Thursday, March 18, 2010

Partager the Louvre


I love going to the Louvre!! It is always so full of life and activity!  Never a dull moment and easy to get caught up in the excitement of being in Paris and AT THE LOUVRE!!  I have lived here for so many years and  I still have not made it all the way thru!  What a challenging place!  and one that is always changing...Not only the exhibitions, (the Sainte Russie is incredible!) but the boutiques that are so cleverly placed all along the way.  My friend, J,  has an Amis du Louvre card, which offers her special privileges.  Many privileges come with being a friend of the Lourvre:  a special entrance anytime you decide to visit during museum hours, bien sûr, which to me really warrants this special card (the lines are waayyy too long somedays),  invitations to all the "special" stuff that goes on in the nooks and crannies of the museum, the special feeling of belonging to this most famous museum...and if that isn't enough, she is allowed to invite her own amie to new exhibitions.  Lucky that I am J's amie!!  If you are planning to spend a year or more in Paris, think about becoming a friend of the Louvre.  I'm sure you will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment