Sunday, November 21, 2010

Partager More ...Bourgogne Day 3

Notre- Dame of Semur-en-Auxois, for the children lost in the war

Mr. T promised that if I let him rest on Sunday, we could "run all around"  on Saturday, so of course, I took him up on it.  I had done my homework about the area, and felt that my biggest opportunity for satisfying my curious needs to "search high and low" and "look around every corner"  was in Semur-en-Auxois, just a short drive from our gite in Tivauche.  True enough, the city wasn't far, the weather was perfect and the light was great for photos.  Our first sight of the city forced "AWE", a city that dates back to the 12th century deserves an AWE!  Our first stop was Notre-Dame of Semu-En-Auxois considered a remarkable example of Gothic art, construction began in the 13th century.   Our fingers were hot on the shutter button, and after taking every angle of the church, the gardens, the city, the bridge to the city....etc.  we called it a day ...  what another great day in Bourgogne.
Planning some time in Bourgogne?  Highly recommended!


I, on the other hand, am heading back across the pond for a while, to a place where internet is still a foreign word...posts will be sporadic, but I will check in from time to time.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,
PPxx

No comments:

Post a Comment