Friday, October 29, 2010

Partager Afternoon Tea á la Français

Afternoon Delights

I seemed to run into him everywhere I went... and each time we talked about getting together and sharing photographs of our latest voyages, about his research of the Seychelles Islands, about  his wife and all the grandchildren ... on and on .... and of course, it never happens.  I'm sure you know what I mean.  It seems to happen a lot in Paris. The reason for this is simple.  In Paris, you frequently meet new people, new and exciting people who you share common interests, or they are new in town and maybe a bit lonely ... or you just want to get to know them better, and so the discussion leads to the "let's get together sometime soon" conversation.  These future plans are discussed with great excitement, can't wait to get together, when? where? How? and then ... never happens.   This time, when I ran into him, I was determined to send him an invitation by text, telephone, or Parisian pigeon.  And I did. And he accepted.  
What a nice afternoon, sipping tea, and enjoying afternoon tasty delights! Hearing, in full, all of the things we had said we would discuss and much more ... 
I am so glad I was  determined.  I really should be that way more often!

Partager the day and "les gouters" with a friend.  You'll be glad you did.

PPxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment